Can you believe that it is almost 2011? You look in the mirror and ask “where has the time gone?” The reality is with every New Year it is another year that we grow older. Many people get down because they don’t look like they did years ago. Many people try to create their own Fountain of Youth with spending a fortune on treatments and surgery. Instead of going to extremes, go into the New Year with other natural methods that will make you feel and look more youthful. Follow some of the tips below and remember age is just a number.
1. Have nutritious meals and drink water every day. This is something that you here all the time. There are so many resources out there now to find meals that are healthy and scrumptious at the same time.
2. Exercise. Join a gym or go for a walk. You will be surprised if you start of your day with some form of exercise and how much energy you have for the rest of the day.
3. Sleep. You need to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Try to go to bed at the same time and get on a regular schedule. Sleep is the ultimate stress reliever. Take a bath before bed so you can get fully relaxed.
4. Wash you face at least twice a day. Use an exfoliate at least once a week and always moisturize after your face is fully clean. Make sure to stay away of cleansers that are full of perfume.
5. If you are in the sun, use a good quality sun screen to protect your skin to ward off skin cancer.
6. Get your hair done. Make sure to change your look once in awhile. You will be surprise how much better you feel and look with something new. Consult with your hairstylist on what would be appropriate for you and your age.
7. Clean shaven. For men, being clean shaven looks younger and make sure that you keep your sideburns to a short length.
8. Play every day. It is okay to bring out some inner child. If you are a grandparent or parent, jump around with your kids. If you have pets than play catch.
9. Learn something new. Being fulfilled makes you more youthful.
10. Have a positive attitude. The way you think, reflects on the way you feel. Remember frowns cause wrinkles.